Buying a house is no easy feat. It requires planning, communication and patience. But once you find the home of your dreams it all seems worth it. On the tail end of buying a property is the final walkthrough. The final walkthrough is one of the last things you’ll do before you can close the deal. To ensure you know the ins and outs of the final walkthrough, here are the 5 most important things.
- What The Purpose Of A Final Walk-Through Is
- Know Who Attends The Final Walk-Through
- You Can Take Your Time
- You Can Identify Any Issues You Find
- Last-Minute Things To Check For
You should ask your real estate agent for a thorough checklist of things to do but a few key areas to do include:
- Turning on and off all switches to ensure the electricity works throughout the house
- Bring a plug-in light to test all electrical outlets
- Turn on all taps and check for leaks
- Test the garage doors and remotes
- Open and close all windows and check the laches
If you have any more questions about what you should do during a final walkthrough, please get in contact with us. We would be happy to help you out.
At Knowledge Broker, our goal is to create an open-source of information for all our clients. We want to ensure that, at the end of the day, they get exactly what they want and what they need. If you know someone who could use our help or services please put them in touch with us or send us their details using the contact information below. And before you go, click here to take the Knowledge Broker Quiz and see exactly what we can do for you!