How To Make A Home Fit For A Family
Tags: knowledge broker, knowledge broker real estate, toronto real estate, newmarket real estate, new homes, new condos, newmarket homes for sale, family home, family place, making a family home,
Buying your family house was a big deal and one you probably didn’t take lightly. You understood that the number one thing you needed was a house with space. Now that you’ve bought and are moving in, you need to know how to fully adapt your property to fit your family’s future lifestyle. Whether you’re moving in with kids or are thinking of kids down the road, here are 5 ways to make any home fit for a family.
- Get Creative With Rooms
- Clearly Identify Kid-Friendly Rooms
- Add Storage Wherever Possible
- Organize Things By Levels
- Think Smart When It Comes To Walls and Flooring
For walls in the bathroom go for titles. If you kids splash water, have an accident in the middle or the night or even go overboard with the toothpaste, tiles will be able to take the hit and you’ll be able to clean them back to perfection. You can also try painting the walls in your kid's room with semigloss paint. You kids can draw on it with marker, crayon or chalk and it will wash away like it never existed.
- Give Your Home A Safety Rating
To a child, everything in your house is a toy whether you like it or not. Once you think you have your house in order give it a safety review by asking these questions.
- Is the backyard gated? Are there any loose branches that could fall on the kids?
- Are there any loose stones the kids could throw at each other?
- Is there anything within reach that the kids could hurt themselves on?
- Are there any sharp edges on furniture the kids could hit their heads on?
- Are there any small pieces lying around the kids could choke on?
- Are there any cleaning products that are within reach?
It might sound silly but even try viewing your house from your child’s level. Crawl on your knees to see what might be in reach or a problem area. If you are still looking to buy your future family home click here to see how Knowledge Broker can help. And if you have any family home tips please let us know!
At Knowledge Broker, our goal is to create an open-source of information for all our clients. We want to ensure that, at the end of the day, they get exactly what they want and what they need. If you know someone who could use our help or services please put them in touch with us or send us their details using the contact information below. And before you go, click here to take the Knowledge Broker Quiz and see exactly what we can do for you!
JOSHUA CAMPBELL (@knowledgebrkr)
Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Centre, Brokerage
249 Avenue Road • Newmarket, ON L3Y 1N8